See our current vacancies or set up a job alert.
Please note we do not accept calls from recruitment agencies. For recruitment queries e-mail [email protected].
Research Assistant (casual worker)
We are looking for a research assistant to join the Research Team at Brooke on a temporary basis.
The objective of this short-term contract is to assist the Global Animal Health Team to understand methods used for ongoing professional development of healthcare providers in a workplace setting. The selected candidate will conduct an in-depth literature review and write a report highlighting methods particularly compatible with Brooke’s veterinary education approach.
- Conduct an in depth literature review using robust online resources answering the following questions:
- What educational tools have been used for on the job training with existing human or animal health care practitioners in the UK and overseas?
- Do any of these systems seek to identify gaps in human or animal healthcare systems alongside their educational benefits?
- Produce a written report of the review using an accessible format (including all sources listed) to inform planned research on Brooke’s Animal Health Mentoring Framework
Experience and qualifications
- Educated to undergraduate degree level or higher in a veterinary, animal science or education related subject;
- Demonstrable experience in conducting desk-based research and literature reviews using scientific sources
- Excellent written and spoken English skills;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to manage your own time to meet the agreed deadlines;
- Experience in using a reference editor (e.g. Mendeley).
Non-essential desirable skills:
- Access to an institutional login to scientific journals;
- An interest and knowledge in healthcare education issues;
- Further qualifications in veterinary or medical education.
We anticipate that the literature review will take approximately 56 hours (eight days if working full time) to be completed by 30 June 2020. The successful candidate can either work full-time or part-time, and can choose their own hours.
In light of current restrictions, we anticipate that the work will be carried out remotely and supported by the Brooke Research Team via conferencing tools (e.g. Skype/Zoom). If possible the Research Assistant will be given the option to work at the London Office.
What you will gain from Brooke
This is a great opportunity to use your research skills to gain experience working for an International Non-Governmental Organisation, and provide a vital contribution to Brooke’s global animal health agenda. We will endeavour to create opportunities to (virtually) meet Brooke’s staff and hear about the work they do, and to attend any research seminars happening during the contractual period.
Duration of casual contract
We anticipate that the literature review will take 56 hours (8 days if working full time) to be completed by 30 June 2020.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this role, please email [email protected] with your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would like to apply and identifying the skills you can bring to this temporary assignment.
Closing date: Tuesday 26 May 2020.
Register for Job Alerts for future roles at Brooke
Register your details to set up job alerts and we'll notify you when we have a suitable vacancy.
Brooke employees enjoy a competitive benefits package tailored to suit a wide range of people. Including:
- 25 days' annual leave and all eight bank holidays
- Buy/sell annual leave
- Annual review of salary in line with cost of living allowance
- Biennial salary benchmarking
- Three percent employer pension contribution, rising to eight percent after one year
- Childcare vouchers
- BUPA health cash plan
- Season ticket loan
We are proud to be Brooke. We are resourceful, share new ideas and help each other succeed. Together we make change happen.