Free Will service
Our free Will writing services help you write or update a simple Will for free – so you can remember those close to you and causes that are important to you.
Writing a Will is a vital part of getting your affairs in order and can help give you peace of mind for the future – letting you decide what happens to your money, property and possessions when you are no longer here. By deciding to include a gift in your Will to Brooke, you will ensure your passion for helping vulnerable working animals around the world will continue for generations to come.
If you are considering writing or updating your Will, as a valued supporter, you can do so at no cost to you thanks to our Free Will Writing Services. We offer three ways to do this – online, over the phone, or face-to-face - all are straightforward and delivered by our trusted partners:
1. Write your Will online
We've teamed up with Farewill to offer you the opportunity to write a simple Will online. It's available for those in England and Wales and every Will is checked by a specialist. And it could take you as little as 30 minutes. You'll need access to a printer, or you can contact Farewill who can send you a printed copy.
Enter code BRO-WEB at checkout so you don’t pay any fees (RRP from £90).
2. Write your Will over the telephone
If you don’t feel comfortable writing a Will online or have a more involved Will to write, you can book a free call-back with Farewill, and one of their specialists will be happy to help you make your simple Will over the phone for free. Just let them know you’re using the Free Will Service with Brooke. You will have a one-to-one consultation with a specialist to write your Will in accordance with your wishes. Then it’s posted to you within 10 days for you to sign and to have witnessed. This service is available to anyone living in the UK (including those in Scotland and Northern Ireland).
Alternatively, call Farewill on 020 8050 2686 to book your telephone Will-writing appointment.
3. Write or update your Will with a local solicitor
We’ve partnered with the National Free Wills Network to give you the opportunity to write or update a simple Will with a trusted solicitor in your area. They offer access to over 800 solicitors across the UK and once you’ve registered, they will send you a ‘Will pack’ within 10 days which includes a list of participating solicitors in your local area for you to choose from. You then arrange an appointment with your chosen solicitor and they will help you write your Will.
If you would prefer that Brooke refer you to National Free Wills Network please email your full name and address to [email protected] or call us on 0207 470 9343.
If you do decide to include a gift to Brooke in your Will – thank you! And please make sure you include our:
- Registered charity number: in England and Wales it is 1085760 or in Scotland it is SC050582
- Registered legal name & address: The Brooke Hospital for Animals of 2nd Floor, The Hallmark Building, 52-56 Leadenhall Street, London, EC3A 2BJ
Things to note
- To update an existing Will, you will need to use the National Free Wills Network service with a local solicitor.
- We understand that you’ll want to think about your family and friends when making your Will – so there’s no obligation to include a gift to Brooke. However, a gift no matter the size could help transform the lives of working animals and create long-term changes so that they can live a life free from suffering far into the future.
- Although you will be able to write a simple Will for free, Brooke will be paying a fee to each of our partners for you to use this service.
- If your Will is deemed not to be "simple" or there is additional work involved in the preparation of you Will, you may be required to pay an extra fee. You will always be made aware of this in advance of any payment being requested and can choose not to proceed with writing your Will with that provider.
- You must be at least 18 years old to use these Free Will Services.
Did you know?
Over 50% of our annual income comes from gifts in Wills.