Please note we do not accept calls from recruitment agencies. For recruitment queries e-mail [email protected].
HR Manager (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for a CIPD qualified HR Manager to join our friendly and motivated team of 6 staff on a maternity cover contract for up to 12 months, starting in March 2020.
This role is part time and job shares with another part-time HR Manager to provide high level HR support to Brooke’s 5 Directorates. This role is the HR Business Partner for the Fundraising and Communication Directorate and the Finance and Information Services Directorate.
This is a generalist UK focused senior role spanning recruitment, job evaluation, employee relations, change management, and project work which will include for 2020 gender mainstreaming, HR e-learning development and HR systems involvement.
You will be a skilled recruiter and will manage the UK recruitment function alongside the HR Co-ordinator. It is essential you have excellent time management skills, produce high quality written documentation and have very good communication skills. The role will involve giving high quality advice and support to managers across a range of topics during the employee life cycle so you will need to be approachable, have excellent coaching skills and up to date knowledge of employment law.
Alongside the other HR Manager, this role will jointly manage the HR Coordinator, so you must be experienced in motivating and coaching others to achieve their objectives and develop professionally.
Closing date: Friday 31 January 2020
Communications and Content Officer
Brooke has steadily increased our brand awareness year on year since rebranding in 2016, and the Communications and Content Officer is an integral part of this vital work.
This role is pivotal to showcasing Brooke’s work and putting a spotlight on the issues we are tackling, working closely with our international, animal welfare, external affairs, research and fundraising teams. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of bringing stories to life through writing and visual media, and framing these stories for different audiences through different digital and offline channels.
Whilst mainly office based, this role will involve travel to our country programmes three to four times a year to interview case studies, and coordinate photography and filming.
We are looking for someone with the following skills/experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent vocational experience.
- Excellent journalistic and listening skills, including keen eye for detail, narrative development, nose for a persuasive story and great copywriting.
- Demonstrable photography and videography skills.
- Knowledge and significant experience of Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro, or similar content editing software.
- Experience of briefing & managing creative freelancers including designers, photographers and film-makers, ideally in an international context
Closing date: Monday 10 February 2020
Register for Job Alerts for future roles at Brooke
Register your details to set up job alerts and we'll notify you when we have a suitable vacancy.
Brooke employees enjoy a competitive benefits package tailored to suit a wide range of people. Including:
- 25 days' annual leave and all eight bank holidays
- Buy/sell annual leave
- Annual review of salary in line with cost of living allowance
- Biennial salary benchmarking
- Three percent employer pension contribution, rising to eight percent after one year
- Childcare vouchers
- BUPA health cash plan
- Season ticket loan
We are proud to be Brooke. We are resourceful, share new ideas and help each other succeed. Together we make change happen.