MyHackathon terms and conditions
Full terms and conditions for the MyHackathon challenge.
These rules (“the Rules”) apply to the MyHackathon challenge (the “Challenge”). By registering for the Challenge you are agreeing to comply with the Rules, and confirm that you satisfy the age requirements set out below. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend the Rules and any changes will be binding on all Challenge participants.
The Brooke Hospital for Animals (“Brooke”) (a company registered in England and Wales under no. 4119581 and a charity registered under no. 1085760) and with its registered office at 2nd Floor, The Hallmark Building, 52-56 Leadenhall Street, London, EC3A 2BJ is organising the Challenge.
- All participants must abide by the Rules, any updates to the Rules and any additional guidance that we may give from time to time. Please check back on our website for any updates.
- Participants must be over the age of 16 in order to register themselves.
- Participants who are under the age of 16 must be registered for the Challenge by their parent or legal guardian and by registering they confirm that they are the participant’s parent or legal guardian (as applicable) and that they agree for the participant to take part in the Challenge. In addition, participants who are under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult during the Challenge.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part in the Challenge. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in the Challenge must seek medical advice from their General Practitioner prior to taking part in the Challenge.
- Participants acknowledge that by its nature Brooke will be unable to supervise the Challenge and acknowledge that there may be risks associated with the Challenge. All participants enter and undertake this Challenge entirely at their own risk and so far as permitted by law, Brooke shall not be liable for any injury or loss which might occur as a result of their participation.
- We ask each participant to fundraise £100 to Brooke. When you register we will send you a link to all the necessary fundraising materials you will need.
- Any monies raised in connection with the Challenge are held on trust for Brooke, and therefore all participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all donations and sponsorship monies raised in connection with the Challenge are paid to Brooke.
- We ask that you do this as soon as possible after you have completed the Challenge but the payment must reach us by no later than 4 weeks of your completing the Challenge. If you choose to set up an online fundraising page the monies will go direct to Brooke. Other ways to pay in the money you raise.
- Please ensure that all donations and/or sponsorship forms are returned to Brooke at the above address to enable us to claim Gift Aid where possible.
- By providing personal data when you register for the Challenge, you confirm that you consent to such data being used by us and any relevant third parties for the purposes of organising, staging and administering the Challenge. If you provide personal data on behalf of additional entrants, you also confirm that you have obtained their consent for such data to be used for the same purposes.
- Your personal information will be used for communicating with you in connection with the Challenge. It may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for the Challenge. If you would prefer not to receive this further information, and have not already told us this when you entered, please contact our supporter care team on 020 7470 9393 or email [email protected] to let us know.
Take part in MyHackathon
12. All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, after May 2018 in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and in accordance with Brooke’s privacy statement.
13. By taking part in the Challenge participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any video footage, stills or photographs taken of them participating in the Challenge, which may be sent to Brooke, including those uploaded onto the MyHackathon Brooke Facebook group, to be used by Brooke to publicise the Challenge, and future similar challenges by Brooke to publicise the Challenge and its work and for fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, placing those materials on Brooke’s website, social media, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, marketing material and personalised direct mail and other documents that may be made available to the public.
14. No personal details (including names or photographs) of anyone under the age of 16 will be used in the manner described above without the written consent of that child’s parent or legal guardian.
15. Subject to rule 2 above, by registering a participant under the age of 16 you confirm that you are the parent/legal guardian (as applicable) and are happy for their images to be used in the manner described in these Rules.
16. Brooke in its sole discretion reserves the right to cancel the Challenge at any time or require any participant to withdraw from the Challenge. If we ask you to withdraw from the Challenge you shall have no continuing right to use our name or any materials that we may have sent you in connection with the Challenge.