DonkaDoodle Art Competition Terms and Conditions
Full terms and conditions for the DonkaDoodle Art Competition.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering this competition, you confirm that you have read, understood and accepted them.
- The promoter is The Brooke Hospital for Animals, a registered charity in England & Wales (1085760) with its registered office at 2nd Floor, The Hallmark Building, 52-56 Leadenhall Street, London EC3A 2BJ (Brooke).
- This competition is open to residents of the UK of any age; however, if you are under the age of 16 your entry must be made on your behalf by a parent or legal guardian.
- The competition is not open to Brooke employees, its partners, affiliates or to members of their immediate families.
- The brief of the comeptition is 'artwork must feauture a horse, donkey or mule, or reflect an element of Brooke's work'. To enter, your artwork must feature a horse, donkey or mule and/or include an element of Brooke’s charitable work. You must also pay a non-refundable entry fee of £5. To your artwork via https://www.thebrooke.org/get-involved/fundraise/donkadoodle-art-competition. No other method of entry will be accepted and the image supplied must be a high resolution jpg, jpeg, gif or png.
- Entries must be your original work and must not be a copy of or include any image(s) or content that belong to other people, including trademarks, trade names and/or any material(s) that you do not have permission to use.
- The closing date for entries is Sunday 21 June at 11:59pm.
- There are 3 categories for the competition, Under 12, 12-17, and 18+. We need those entering to provide a name, contact telephone number, email address and age to allow us to process your information in relation to this competition, check your eligibility and categorise your entry.
- A shortlist of eligible entries from each category will be chosen after the closing date stated in paragraph 6 by an internal judging panel at Brooke. The judges will shortlist at least the entries, under each category, that best fits the competition brief. Brooke’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Shortlisted entries for each category will then be featured on Brooke’s Facebook page and supporters will vote by ‘liking’ their favourite piece of artwork. The artwork with the most Facebook likes on 1st July at 12noon will be announced as the winner. In the event of a tie break Brooke may extend voting time until a winner is reached.
- The winners from each category will receive a £50 voucher from Great Art which can either be redeemed in store or online at https://www.greatart.co.uk. The voucher will be valid until 31/ 03/2021.
- Winners will also receive 5 packs of their winning cards. Please not these will not be sent out until later in 2020 once they been produced to be sold.
- Please note due to COVID-19 Brooke goody bags may not be sent out until restrictions have lifted.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Brooke reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Brooke’s control make it necessary to do so.
- Winning entries may be required to send Brooke their original artwork for us to create into a greetings card. We can return the work back to you if you supply us with a return address.
- Brooke will contact the winners from each category by the email or telephone number provided on entry within 24 hours of the announcement date in paragraph 9. If winners do not respond within 72 hours of being notified, the prize will be forfeited and Brooke reserves the right to offer the prize to a reserve winner in the same category. Brooke’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Brooke must publish or make available the information confirming that a valid award and winner was chosen. So that we can comply with this obligation, we will publish the winning name, artwork and county of the winner. By entering the competition the winners agree to participate in such promotional activity and material as Brooke may require. Entrants agree that if they are the winner(s) of any of the competitions Brooke may use their name, artwork and county to announce them as winner(s) of the competition.
- Please read our privacy statement which tells you how we use any personal information we may collect about you by entering any of the competitions: https://www.thebrooke.org/about-brooke/privacy-statement
- All entrants in this competition will own the copyright to their artwork. By submitting an entry you agree to grant Brooke a perpetual, royalty free licence to use the artwork they have submitted, including the rights to use, reproduce, adapt, publish and create derivative works from it or incorporate the artwork (or any part of it) into other works in any media for such purposes as Brooke may decide in its discretion. Entrants also agree that they waive their moral rights.
- Brooke will send the name of the winner(s) from each category to anyone who contacts us, within one month of the announcement date, requesting details of the winner(s).
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, particularly in relation to paragraph 5, Brooke may, at its sole discretion, exclude your entry in the competition.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude Brooke’s liability for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Brooke, its agents or distributors and the promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner(s) or accept any liability for any loss, damage or disappointment occurring as a result of taking up the prize or for failure to win a prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Brooke, its agents or distributors. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Brooke reserves the right at any time to suspend, cancel, or amend the competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control. In the event Brooke has to suspend, cancel or amend this competition under this paragraph, Brooke shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where such circumstances include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, industrial dispute, war, political and civil unrest, riots, endemic, pandemic or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- Brooke reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. If we do this we will publish the amended terms and conditions and/or specific terms on the competition page.
These terms and any matters relating to their content and/or subject matter shall be understood in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.