These include countries with:
- high numbers of working horses, donkeys and mules with high welfare needs
- communities which rely on their animals to earn a living
- high levels of human poverty (using the United Nations’ Human Development Index)
- potential partner organisations with a common goal
- adequate security for our staff to work safely
We realise that suffering occurs all over the world, and of course we wish we could help working horses and donkeys everywhere. But with limited funds and resources, we have to work in areas where welfare needs are greatest and where we can have the biggest impact.
With your help we can reach more working horses, donkeys and mules.