Brooke India started working to alleviate the suffering of horses, donkeys and mules in 1992.
It now works with an expanded network of animal welfare specialists and development organisations, forming strong bonds with local people who depend on these animals for their livelihoods.
Some of the most vulnerable people were targeted such as farm labourers, the disabled and migrant workers, via Sarvodaya Ashram, a local organisation in Uttar Pradesh.
This programme provided sustainable high-quality veterinary services, promoting equine welfare, and has helped reduce the suffering of over 3,000 animals.
Today, to help achieve this goal, we have teams in Delhi and elghteen districts of Uttar Pradesh, the state with the highest concentration of working horses, donkeys and mules in India. We also work in Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Uttarkhand and Rajasthan.
1. Gramin Evam Samajik Vikas Sansthan (GESVK), Ajmer, Rajasthan
2. Parvatiya Aranya Sewa Evam Vikas Sansthan, Bageshwar, Uttarakhand
3. Yuvagram, Yuvagram Vikas Mandal, ‘Akshay Nivas’, Beed, Maharastra
4. Bhartiya Gramin Vikas Sansthan, JP Nagar and Rampur, Uttar Pradesh
5. Society for Environmental and Rural Awakening (ERA) Kangra, Himachal Pradesh
6. Sahyog India, (Katra) Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir
7. Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animal, Udgir, Latur, Maharashtra
8. Sarvahitkari Shiksha Prasar Samiti, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
9. Navbharat Samaj Kalian Samity, Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh
10. Vinoba Sewa Ashram, Shahjahanpur and Hardoi, Uttar Pradesh
11. Sarvodaya Ashram, Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh
12. Social Action For Knowledge Building & Awareness Raising (SAKAR), Bareily, Uttar Pradesh
13. Shramik Bharti, Kanpur rural, Uttar Pradesh
14. Society for Rural and Eco Development,(SRED) Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
15. Arthik Vikas Evam Jan Kalian Sansthan, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
16. Sanskriti Samwardhan Mandal, (SSM) Sagroli, Nanded, Maharashtra
17. Gramin Vikas Sansthan , Raebareily, Uttar Pradesh
18. New Public School Samiti, Unnao, Uttar Pradesh